I publish Open Access wherever possible, so just click the links below to download my publications.
For works without links, please email me! Some publishers allow sharing via email, but not the posting of work online.
- 2018. ‘Paganism at Home: Pre-Christian Private Praxis and Household Religion in the Iron-Age North’, Scripta Islandica 69:49-97
- 2018 [in press]. ‘Conference Report: Network of Early Career Researchers in Old Norse: Trends and Challenges in Early Career Scholarship Workshop’, The Retrospective Methods Network Newsletter 13
- 2018, with Malene Lauritsen, Richard Allen, Joel Alves, Carly Ameen, Thomas Fowler, Evan Irving-Pease, Greger Larson, Alan Outram, Esther Pilgrim, Philip Shaw, and Naomi Sykes. ‘Celebrating Easter, Christmas and their Associated Alien Fauna’, World Archaeology 50
- 2017, with Simon Nygaard. ‘Processioner i førkristen nordisk religion’, in Religionsvidenskabeligt Tidsskrift 66:40-77
- 2017. ‘PhD Dissertation Project: Between Unity and Diversity’, in The Retrospective Methods Network Newsletter 12:199-203
- 2016. ‘Continuity and Change: Forms of Liminality in the Sacred Social Spaces of the Pre-Christian Nordic World’, in Viking and Medieval Scandinavia 12: 147-82
- Please contact me for a copy of this article.
- 2012. ‘Conference Report: Old Norse Mythology in the Digital Age’, in The Retrospective Methods Network Newsletter 5: 62-65
- 2010. ‘Holy Groves, Rocky Places, and Sacral Constructions: The Establishment of Sacred Social Space in Viking-Age Pre-Christian Scandinavia’ in The Retrospective Methods Network Newsletter 1: 51-2
- 2018. ‘Speaking Scandinavian at Work: Strategies for Effective Communication from the Classroom to the Lunch Room’, in The Nordic PhD: Surviving and Succeeding, ed. Christopher McMaster, Caterina Murphy, and Jakob Rosenkrantz de Lasson (Pieterlen & Bern: Peter Lang Publishing)
- Embarged until 2019. In the meantime, please contact me for a copy of this chapter.
- 2018. ‘Processes of Religious Change in Late-Iron Age Gotland: Rereading, Spatialisation, and Enculturation’, in Place and Space in the Medieval World, ed. Meg Boulton, Heidi Stoner, and Jane Hawkes. Routledge Research in Art History 1 (London: Routledge), 32-46
- Please contact me for a copy of this chapter.
- 2015. ‘The Scale of ‘Private’ Religions in Pre‐Christian Scandinavia: Theoretical and Empirical Questions’, in The Sixteenth International Saga Conference: Sagas and Space, 9th-15th August 2015, University of Zürich and University of Basel, Switzerland, ed. Jürg Glauser, Klaus Müller-Wille, Anna Katharina Richter, and Lukas Rösli, 2 vols. (Universität Zürich: Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Skandinavische Studien), 214-15
- 2012. ‘Valkyrjur, Wælcyrgan, and Witches: An Anatomy of Old-English and Old-Norse Valkyries’, in The 15th International Saga Conference: Sagas and the Use of the Past. 5th-11th August 2012, Aarhus University. Preprints, edited A. Mathias Valentin Nordvig and Lisbeth H. Torfing (Aarhus: Department of Aesthetics and Communication, Department of Culture and Society, Faculty of Arts), 237
- 2017. ‘Between Unity and Diversity: Articulating Pre-Christian Nordic Religion and its Spaces in the Late Iron Age’, unpublished PhD Dissertation, Aarhus University
- 2013. ‘Herjans Dísir: Valkyrjur, Supernatural Feminities, and Elite Warrior Culture in the Late Pre-Christian Iron Age’, unpublished MA Thesis, University of Iceland
- 2009. ‘Holy Groves, Rocky Places, and Sacral Constructions: The Establishment of Sacred Social Space in Viking-Age Pre-Christian Scandinavia’, unpublished MA Dissertation, University of York
- 2016. Anmeldelse af/Book Review (in Danish) of, ‘Michael D. J. Bintley. Trees in the Religions of Early Medieval England. Anglo-Saxon Studies 26. Woodbridge: The Boydell Press, 2015. X + 206 sider’ in Chaos: Skandinavisk tiskrift for religionshistoriske studier 66, 195-199
- Please contact me for a copy of this review.
- Beheaded Bulls to Broken Bread: The Changing Face of British Sacrifice in the First Millennium CE
- ‘The Cult of St. Melangell and her Hares: A Study of Local Forms of Early Christianity in the British Isles’
- ‘Reasoning Our Way to Privacy: Towards a Methodological Discourse of Viking Studies’
- ‘Processes of Religious Change in Late-Iron-Age Gotland II: Centralisation, Enclosure, Privatisation, and Nationalisation’
- ‘Sacred Grove or Holy Hall? Synthesising the Spaces of Pre-Christian Religion in the Late Iron Age’
- ‘Distinguishing ‘dísir’: Supernatural Women, Emic Categorisation, and Poetic Synonyms’
- ‘Rule-Breaking Women and the Propagation of Male Power: Valkyrjur as Tools of Chieftaincy’
- with Katarzyna Anna Kapitan, Simon Nygaard, and Helen Leslie-Jacobsen, Trends and Challenges in Early Career Scholarship: The Network of Early Career Researchers in Old Norse Inaugural Workshop